Capitalization of the crypto market in 2015
Keep searching in time and in market capitalizations past. This time we move on 2015 in a crypto sector that was yet to see many of the main projects born.
We take the data from Coinmetrics and here is the resulting graph:
In early 2015, no particular movement was observed and until March, the market was sufficiently stable for all cryptocurrencies. In April, however, he appeared Nem ((XEM) which positions itself with more than $ 2 million of capitalization compared to its value of $ 0.0002, managing to exceed Vertcoin (VTC) right away.
A new crypto has not worried the market, but a movement occurs in mid-2015 when the VTC begins to increase in a frightening manner, overtaking both XEM and Monero and thus placing in sixth place in this ranking by market capitalization.
The moment for hybrid bikes sets with the summer sun and dawn begins for the blockchain which will change the future in this sector: we are talking about Ethereum (ETH), which starts immediately with $ 86 million in capitalization and a price of just under $ 3, ranking fourth behind Litecoin (LTC).
Halloween then appears Stellar lumens ((XLM) with $ 192 million of capitalization and a price of $ 0.002.
In his case, it is above all the billionaire offer and that is enough for him to reach the third position behind Ripple (XRP).
At this point, a new era has started for crypto and blockchain and at the end of the year, we are left with this ranking:
- BTC in first place: compared to the previous year, it rose to $ 6.4 billion;
- XRP second place: over 2 billion now it does not exceed $ 600 million;
- XLM in third place with $ 178 million;
- LTC, fourth place with $ 152 million;
- ETH, fifth position with $ 72 million;
- Dash, sixth place with $ 20 million;
- Doge, who climbs to seventh place with his $ 13 million;
- XEM ends the year with $ 1.3 million;
- VTC has doubled since last year to more than 420,000 dollars.
The publication The capitalization of the crypto market in 2015 appeared first on The 100Count.